The Home of Beautiful Bluefaced Leicesters and Shetland Sheep

Come visit us in southern Pennsylvania.

Welcome

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Few Less Mouths To Feed

Molly and I loaded up 5 BIG old ewes to go "across the river" on Sunday. For those asking where?....across the river is the Lancaster stockyard. Chick power rules. They didn't want to go but our determination prevailed and we managed to lift and push them into the truck. I'm always glad the the truck doesn't "leave us sitting" as the PA Dutch say, on the way home because my appearance and smell after the trip would never cause some good samaritan to stop and help us. As I have said before, I hate taking my loyal old girls away but I can't keep them all, especially this year when rain has been sparse and the pastures are thin.

No comments: